Modifying Your Child Support Or Custody Order

Support & ModificationsCircumstances change. As the years pass, you may have a new job or your children may get older. If your child support or alimony needs to be adjusted to reflect your current situation, a skilled lawyer can help you seek a modification of your support order.

At the Sarasota law office of H. Stephen Hillebrand, Attorney at Law, I have been helping parents and ex-spouses modify support orders for 35 years. I will work with you to develop a child support or alimony change that fits your needs and your family's needs now and into the future.

Support Modifications In Florida

In order to modify a child custody, alimony or child support order, there must be a substantial change in circumstances. This shift in your situation could include:

  • Remarriage
  • Unemployment
  • Significant reduction or increase in income
  • Losing your business

Modifying Child Custody And Time Sharing

I can help you modify your child custody or time-sharing agreement in a range of situations such as:

Changing Child Support

In addition to changes in income, child support can be modified if there is a substantial change in the number of overnights that a child sleeps over at a parent's home.

I represent clients who need an increase in child support or who need to decrease their child support payments. Whether you have lost your job or your child has special needs, I will work with you to develop a payment plan that meets your family's needs.

Making Changes To Alimony

Remarriage is not the only substantial change that could result in a change in alimony. I can help you modify spousal support if the receiving spouse is in a supportive relationship. This type of relationship is similar to a marriage where the couple could share a bank account or reside together.

Is A Change In Circumstances Creating Undue Hardship? Contact Me To Learn About Your Options.

Whether you need to change your child support, parenting plan or spousal support, I can help you. Schedule your free case evaluation by calling 941-365-5900 or completing my brief online questionnaire. During our consultation, I will answer your questions and help you understand your legal options.