Designing And Modifying Comprehensive Custody Plans

Child Custody | Time SharingFor many parents, child custody is the most difficult part of a divorce. The idea of losing your child can be overwhelming, but your lawyer should help you develop a parenting plan that protects your child's interests and meets your needs as a parent.

At the office of H. Stephen Hillebrand, Attorney at Law, I have dedicated 35 years to assisting Florida families as they design child custody and time-sharing plans. I will work with you to create a plan that truly fits your family, and, when necessary, promote your case in court.

Child Custody

For many parents, child custody is their most important issue. In reality, child custody or parental responsibility (as it is known in Florida) is the legal authority to make decisions on behalf of your child. Much of the time, shared parental responsibility is the best option because it allows both parents to have a say in their children's education, medical treatment and other important issues. However, in situations in which sole parental responsibility is appropriate, I can help you persuasively present your evidence to the judge.

Time Sharing And Parenting Plans

What used to be called "visitation" is now referred to as "time sharing." For most families, this is the important part of custody discussions because it addresses questions like:

  • Which parent will the child spend holidays with?
  • Where will the child live during the week and on the weekends?
  • How can the child maintain a close relationship with both parents?

I will help you focus on what is best for your family and develop a creative parenting plan to address all of your concerns. This plan can be as detailed as you need it to be.

Modifying Custody And Time Sharing

As time passes, things change. For many families, the child custody/parental responsibility and time-sharing arrangements that are made while children are young need to be modified at least once as time passes. There are many reasons to seek a child custody modification from the court:

  • One parent moves out of state.
  • One parent has medical or psychological problems.
  • As the child gets older, he or she prefers to be with one parent instead of the other.

Get The Assistance You Need To Resolve Your Custody Matters. Schedule An Appointment With Me Today.

Whether you need to establish a child custody plan for the first time or want to modify an existing agreement, I can help. Call 941-365-5900 or contact my firm online to schedule a free consultation at my Sarasota office.